- Date: Tuesday 29th November 2016
- Time: 1800-2000
- Venue: Mezzanine floor of the Hotel Grand Chancellor
- Cost: Inclusive for full registrations, additional tickets $74 (guests and day registrations)
The Welcome Drinks is the first social function of the conference. The ‘Ice-Breaker’. Don’t miss this opportunity to chance to catch up with colleagues and to meet other delegates, speakers and sponsors.
Government House Reception
- Date: Wednesday 30th November 2016
- Time: 1800–1900
- Coaches depart at 1745 from the Hotel Grand Chancellor
- ‘After five/cocktail’ for women
- Jacket and tie for men
Her Excellency Professor the Honourable Kate Warner AM has invited delegates to Government House for a Reception.
This invitation is strictly limited to the first two hundred delegates who request to be included on the invitation list.
Government House will send your invitation to Conference Design and it will be available to collect at the Registration Desk. You will be required to take your invitation with you to Government House.
Transport is provided and will depart the Hotel Grand Chancellor at 1745 and return to the hotel and CBD at 1915.
As Government House is only able to accommodate a limited number of people this invitation is extended to full delegates only. Partners are not able to attend.
Please note, this is an official function hosted by Government House. The conference convenor and Conference Design staff cannot make additional bookings.
- Date: Thursday 1st December 2016
- Time: 1900-late
- Cost: $110 including full meal, drinks and entertainment
- Entertainment: Detour
On the last evening of the conference, we like to invite delegates and guests to the conference dinner in the Habour View One room overlooking the harbour. This is an optional event and the price includes a full dinner, drinks and a live band for entertainment.
Capacity is limited to book your seat early to avoid disappointment.
Ferry To MONA
- Date: Friday 2nd December 2016
- Board Ferry at Brooke St Pier: 1415
- Ferry Departs:1430
- Return Ferry to Hobart: 1800
- Cost: $15 for return ferry ticket (subsidised by ANZSOC 2016). Museum entry fee on arrival for non-Tasmanians is $25
You will be transported to MONA on MONA ROMA 1, the distinctively camouflaged catamaran with 3 bars, art installations and expansive windows that allow you to take in the scenery of the Derwent River. On arrival, guests will enjoy 3 hours viewing of the museum. Guests will return to the CBD view ferry.
The Museum of Old and New Art (MONA) is a must see destination in Hobart. It is the largest privately owned museum in Australia and houses antiquities, modern and contemporary art from the collection of the owner, David Walsh. Walsh has described the museum as a “subversive adult Disneyland.”