Thank you for chairing a session at the ANZSOC conference.
The final presenter in each session has been assigned to chair that session.
Whilst we don’t anticipate any changes please check the program again here prior to your session. You will also find the program details in the Conference App and on the printed Pocket Program. Below are some tips to assist you with the chairing process. Most importantly, please ensure you start and finish all presentations on time and keep to the order in the program.
Before the Session
- All abstracts are available on the conference website and contain the information to introduce the speakers with their affiliation
(Please print each abstract in your session and bring to the conference for your reference)
- You will receive a printed copy of affiliations of the presenters in your session at registration. The abstracts and biographies, where supplied, will also be available on the website and in the Conference App (we will be emailing download instructions to all delegates prior to the conference)
- Please go to your session room 15 minutes prior to the start time to meet the other presenters, to familiarise yourself with the room and to introduce yourself to the AV technician. There will be technicians roaming between the session rooms to load the presentation files and to trouble shoot any technical issues should they arise
- There will be a chair table set up in the room with time cards (5 minutes, 2 minutes, 1 minute), a bell for signalling the end of each presentation and a microphone
- Advise the presenters that you will be signalling the time and ringing the bell when they have to stop
- Presenters will load their slides in the Speaker’s Prep Room prior to the session. If they have not done so please direct them to the AV technician
- Presenters will be asked to sit in the front row of the room so they can move to the lectern quickly at the end of the previous presentation
- You will be advised of any housekeeping items or program updates by the registration staff or committee. Please announce these at the beginning of the session
- In larger rooms there will be a Q&A microphone on a stand in the aisle. Ask a member of the audience to be a microphone ‘runner’, if required
During the Session
- Begin the session on time and ask that all electronic devices are to be turned to silent
- Please use your phone to keep to time (your phone is more accurate than having individual clocks)
- Introduce each presentation with the title, the presenter and the presenter’s affiliation only (these will be provided to you at registration). There is no need to read full bios, these are available to delegates in the conference app and website
- If a presentation is withdrawn or a presenter does not arrive do not bring the next presentation forward, use the time for questions (delegates will be planning to come to presentations based on the published session schedule)
- Ensure each session starts and finishes on time. Concurrent oral papers are 15 minutes in length only
- At the end of each presentation be prepared to ask a question if no questions are forthcoming from the audience and time allows
- Do not ask any questions if the presenter has used all their allocated time
- At the conclusion of the session thank the presenters